Saturday, April 16, 2016

After Thoughts - Lost in Translation

So this is a new segment on my blog that I'd love to call as "After Thoughts",
It's basically my after thoughts after I watched something, be it movies, anime series, or anything.
Of course it contains spoilers (well, duh!). This is a review of the movie... welp, kinda! but more to my thoughts about it.


So I just watched this movie yesterday with my girlfriend, and I honestly loved this movie! I've heard a lot of good things about this movie but I didn't have a chance to watch it, but fortunately, I finally watched it.
The ending of the movie just hit me right in the feels, the story is focused on these 2 persons who stuck in Japan. 
The first one is Bob Harris, a well known actor played by Bill Murray, who is going to Japan for shooting some advertising and doing a lot of, you know, actor stuff there. And since he is busy with work. he forgot his children's birthday and sometimes having trouble with his wife. 
The second one is a housewife named Charlotte, played by Scarlett Johansson, whose husband is a photographer and rarely spend his time together with her. And she hardly enjoying her stay in Japan because she felt that she is marrying a different person right now.  

The main dish of this movie is the relationship between these 2 characters. 
This title is quite self-explanatory. Both of them are lost in translation since they can't really understand Japanese and both of them are lost in translation as in they are in a point where they don't know where to go in their life right now. 
Normally, we would expect them to hook up or fall in love in the end of the movie, but this movie didn't go there. They are just two persons whose life are stuck in the rut and they share loneliness together in the foreign world and I loved this idea!

I loved the chemistry between Bob and Charlotte throughout the movie. But in the end, they have to say goodbye which hits me right in the feels. And the thing that he whispered to Charlotte, I think he is saying a proper goodbye to her since he didn't managed to do so before he leaves the hotel. and maybe he is thanking her for sharing his loneliness together with him when he is in Japan.

Bill Murray's acting is superb here, I'm not really sure who is he playing here, is he playing himself here? Hahaha

Scarlett Johansson's acting here is good as well.

The cinematography is really good and beautiful. and honestly this is the first Sophia Coppola movie I've ever watched and I'm excited to see more of her movie.


So that's my after thoughts on Lost in Translation, have you watched it? Did you like it? Share your thoughts on the comments below!

if you liked this new segment, please let me know :)

This is Reikichi

Signing out!



No comments:

Post a Comment