Saturday, August 8, 2015

Anime Elitist vs Anime Casuals

Hey guys! How's it going? Welcome back to my weekly post! I had a busy week at work *as usual* but yeah. that's life. you gotta face 'em all! Anyway I managed to upgrade my 3DS to New 3DS and it was AWESOME! Finally I got to play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with 60 fps and 3D on! My god! best. game. ever! I was thinking to not to update my blog because of this lol

Anyway, this week I'm going to rant a little bit. This post is going to be my personal opinion on Anime Elitist and Anime Casuals

The thing is,

Anime community sucks

seriously though, I entered and saw some discussion on the internet about Anime, and yeah, it sucks so hard! Not just local anime community, but also other anime community
and I noticed that there are two types of person from this anime community *generally
Which is Anime Elitist and Anime Casuals.
Anime Elitist is an anime enthusiasts who thinks that his/her taste is so refined so other anime which is not qualified as "God Tier" anime is going to be called trash. They usually have watched like more than 300 anime titles.
They'd be like "Oh your taste in anime is so shitty!"

"Your waifu is a whore! what a shit taste you have!"

"You watched this anime and you liked it? WHAT A PLEB!"

"You only watch the anime and thought that character is shitty?? READ THE MANGO PLOX!"

MANGO IS FOOD! WHY SHOULD WE READ FOOD? WE EAT FOOD GODDAMMIT!

so yeah that kind of person

While anime casuals are the one who watches like 5 anime and be like "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST ANIME EVER!". They enjoy that kind of anime, usually the anime that they watch are the "mainstream" anime like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan and so on

So these 2 types of person really, really, got my nerves sometimes *hahaha
What got my nerves for both of these guys is because the elitist feels like "Holier than thou" kind of person but in anime community. And Anime community is a niche community which means it is a small community. And this so called elitist are even more niche than the anime community. And Anime casuals are the majority of the community. And seeing these two types of person debating over anime is just down right hilarious. The elitist love to make fun of the casuals, and the casuals be like what the hell man! THIS IS THE BEST ANIME EVER!

Personally I'm neither an elitists or casual because I also have watched like 250 anime titles *not qualified lol
but I watched anime just to know and feel engaged to its story, and most of the anime which elitist claims to be "God Tier" Anime are my favorite anime like JoJo's Bizzare Adventure for example
And sometimes I watched anime just to escape from reality for a bit and just to sit and enjoy the ride. And that "enjoy" kind of thing is just my personal taste. I enjoyed some of the (so called by elitist) shitty anime like One Piece or UtaPri *yes I watched this with my girlfriend and we were like CinemaSins commenting on everything that wrong with that show lol* but I enjoyed watching anime or read manga which has intriguing story like Mushishi, 20th Century Boys, Madoka Magica and so on.

My point here is, just don't be a dick to others. Opinion of other people should be respected even it is a stupid opinion like "SAO is the best anime ever" *I laughed out loud typing this sentence*
I work as a qualitative marketing researcher which heavily relies on respondent's opinion
My boss always said to me  "Every opinion matters no matter how silly they are".
Both elitist and casuals take the opinion as a fact and didn't respect each other's opinion. The thing is, opinion is not a fact. it's just an opinion. My preferences with your preferences are different. even though you judged my preferences as shitty, I don't mind! I'm ok with that

Just
don't
be
a dick!

What triggers me to post this is because I saw a post (you can click that one if you understand Bahasa Indonesia) yesterday that happens in my campus which holding a Japanese event from yesterday till today. And there's a girl who cosplays as Nico from Love Live! Personally, Nico is my least favourite character because of her annoying personality. (Remember that was just my opinion). And in Indonesian Anime Community there's a meme spreading out in the internet that says
"Waifumu lacur mz" and the direct translation would be "Your waifu is a whore, sir!" which is usually used by so-called "Anime Elitist"
And Nico is considered as a "lacur" or a whore by the elitist
And you know what happened?
There's a person shouting "Whore!" to her in that event..........

Seriously??

Is this how you elitist work? What the hell man, You are lucky I'm not around in that event..  If I was happen to be around, I'd be like

You can call me SJW or anything but, I'd totally hit that person. Can you imagine how that girl feel to be called like that? Those inconsiderate bastards! You can joke around on the internet, but when in public places, that joke can be taken as an insult! Just know your place!

*sigh

Back to the topic, my point is, just don't be a dick to others!
Here 's a quote from Ritsu Senpai from Bokura wa minna Kawaisou



Sorry for the rant guys, I hope that this anime community will be a better community. If it helps, I'd love to guide those "anime casuals" to watch even more anime that has better story and quality. That's your job elitist!
Thanks for reading!

2 comments: